This is sponsored content from BlogHer and The Laughing Cow.
Okay, I made it through Thanksgiving without gaining ten pounds. While I definitely didn't lose any weight, I don't even think I gained one pound. High five, pat on the back.
That said, December is here, and everyone knows what that means. It means holiday cookie extravaganzas. It means random, frantic snacking in an effort to get through the busiest month of the year. It means little bowls of irresistible red and green chocolate candies at my mother-in-law's house. It means party food every weekend from here until January.
It means I have to do something drastic in order not to gain the same kind of weight that I did in my third trimester of pregnancy.
Here are my plans for portion-control and conscious eating habits this holiday season.
- I'm going to use smaller plates and glasses so that I can't overfill them
- I'm going to keep healthy snacks at the office so that I'm not tempted by holiday candy
- I'm going to eat BEFORE going to parties so that I don't show up hungry and mow down the entire food table
- I'm going to (big breath) weigh myself daily so that I'm more conscious of what I'm doing
- I'm going to make sure I don't go shopping hungry -- that way I'll be less tempted to snack on unhealthy foods at the mall
- I'm going to drink more water
- I'm going to remind myself at each meal that I can eat as many vegetables as I like
- I'm going to try to get outside and be active as much as possible
- I'm going to be nice to myself, and still try to enjoy myself. Moderation is my mantra
What about you, Internet? How do you manage healthy eating during the holidays?
Share a health/fitness/wellness tip and you will be entered to win $150. Also visit The Daily Tip hub to read health tips each day and for weekly chances to win $100 at the “Play For Laughs” game. We may even use some of your Tips!
Here are some rules:
- No duplicate comments. (In other words: NO CHEATING)
- You may receive an additional entry by linking on Twitter and leaving a link in the comments.
- You may receive an additional entry by following me on Twitter: @clairebidwell and letting me know in the comments
- You may receive an additional entry by blogging about this contest and leaving a link in the comments.
- Please keep your comments G-rated as any profanity or offensive content will automatically disqualify you from sweepstakes entry.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents, aged 18 and older.
- Winners will be selected via random draw, and will notified by e-mail.
- You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
- You can read the official rules here.
- Contest ends 12/28/10
So let's do this! Let's win some free money! Tell me how you manage healthy eating during the holidays!