This is sponsored content from BlogHer and The Laughing Cow.
It's begun. That subtle shift into the holiday season. I caught myself unwrapping a piece of Halloween candy at 10:30 in the morning the other day at work. Unfortunately, it wasn't until it was actually in my mouth that I thought, "Gah. What am I doing?!"
Then I sighed, leaned back in my chair and thought, let the battle begin. The battle being the one to not spend the next two months grazing on all manner of fattening and terribly tasty foods, just because they're around.
Oh, and they'll be around.
Bowls of Halloween candy that subtly lead up to a day of late-November comatose feasting, which then gives way to little dishes of holiday chocolates, cookies frosted and shaped into the most delectable treats, hot cocoa sipped by roaring fires, hearty soups and warm slices of bread, candied pecans and holiday party hors d'oeuvres.
I'm going to stop there. You get the picture.
This year, in an attempt not to gain 10 extra holiday pounds, I've come up with the following guidelines:
- I'm going to drink more water
- I'm going to remind myself at each meal that I can eat as many vegetables as I like
- I'm going to skip gravies and other high calorie condiments
- I'm going to make an effort not get too hungry at any given point so that I don't end up wolfing down something regretful. Eating small meals throughout the day should help with this.
- I'm going to try to get outside and be active as much as possible
- I'm going to be nice to myself, and still try to enjoy myself. Moderation is my mantra.
This year I will not become a holiday beast! I just put it in writing. That means I'm serious.
What about you, Internet? How do you stay fit during the holidays?
Share your tips in the comment section and you will be entered to win $150. You should also Visit The Daily Dose of Well-Being hub to read helpful content each day and for weekly chances to win $100 at the “Play For Laughs” game. If you share a really great tip, we may even use it in The Daily Dose!
Here are some rules:
- No duplicate comments. (In other words: NO CHEATING)
- You may receive an additional entry by linking on Twitter and leaving a link in the comments.
- You may receive an additional entry by following me on Twitter: @clairebidwell and letting me know in the comments
- You may receive an additional entry by blogging about this contest and leaving a link in the comments.
- Please keep your comments G-rated as any profanity or offensive content will automatically disqualify you from sweepstakes entry.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents, aged 18 and older.
- Winners will be selected via random draw, and will notified by e-mail.
- You have 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
- You can read the official rules here.
- Contest ends December 5, 2010
So let's do this! Let's win some free money! Tell me how you stay fit through the holidays!
New to Life in Chicago? Find out more here.
Find more give-aways here.